Sensuality is tactile. It’s four dimensional.
Living a sensual life is multi-layered. It’s really about taking in everything through every possible portal. Our lives are composed of the things we see, taste, touch, smell, feel, and intuit.
I believe that sensuality is the celebration of the miracle of life itself. Sometimes it’s bitter, other times sweet, but bitter and sweet can be a delicious combination… which is why lemonade is so popular, right?
So beginning today, I will be occasionally sharing some of my favorite people, dreamy places, delightful things, amazing experiences, and must read books! Of course 😉
Here’s this week’s Directory of Deliciousness:
- At this very moment I am listening to the Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff’s Summertime. This song brings back some of the best summer memories of my life. Back when my friends and I used to mob to the beach, frequent Kappa parties at Long Beach State, and dance in the street until damn near dawn. Those were the days.
- I just finished the best book I have read this year, Textbook by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. You might remember Amy as the woman who wrote this poignant dating profile for her husband in the NY Times. The article was published shortly before Amy transitioned into the great beyond. I immediately fell madly in love with Amy’s heart, and I am happy to report that she is now my favorite muse. But I digress, Textbook is memoir-ish. Amy offers a glimpse of her beautiful mind, while also inviting the reader to reflect on serendipity, love, and connection. If you’ve been looking for a reason to be excited about this crazy, sexy, sometimes cool life… this is it. And here’s a very inspiring video that shows Amy in her element as lovely and openhearted as ever.
- I have also been digging in the DVD crates lately. I binge-watched Season 2 of Sex and the City last weekend. I enjoy the exploits of forward thinking (and obviously wounded) Samantha, high strung (and often bitter) Miranda, head-in-the-clouds (and probably unrealistic) Charlotte, and obviously core-wounded (and maybe slightly past-life regressed) Carrie.
- This is an interesting article about sex addiction. Interestingly enough, the medical profession is still on the fence on whether sex addiction is an actual thing. Sex addiction is like Pluto… one day it’s a planet/condition and the next day it’s not. In any event, what sex addiction has in common with other types of addiction is shame. Shame is the root cause of a lot of emotional strife. And it’s the only emotion that has a photographic memory, go figure.
- Speaking of sex, if you are looking for an easy guide to adult sex education and sex toy reviews too, you should totally read Oh Joy Sex Toy by Erika Moen and Matthew Nolan… Volume 1 + Volume 2 + Volume 3. Research meets comic strip. It’s a total gas! They make sex fun, as it should be!
- What you know about that Kendrick Lamar? I have been a fan of Kenny’s (yeah, we are totally in the nickname phase of our relationship) for a couple of years, but I had never listened to an entire album. Don’t judge me, I can still be a fan without being intimate with his entire catalog. Anyway, this new album though… DAMN. He even has a track featuring U2… like whaaatttt??? Now I don’t protest to be a hip-hop aficionado or anything but K-dot (another nickname) has to be one of the dopest lyricists of our time. And that’s real.
- I have been working on my receiving muscle and opening the doors + windows to the flow of abundance lately. This episode of The Unmistakable Creative podcast hosted by Srinivas Rao with guest, Garret Gunderson is expansive. I have listened to it twice. If you are seeking to open yourself up to abundance, tune in.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.